Shearwater Perdix AI OC/CC Trimix Computer
The Shearwater Perdix AI Dive Computer is a colour screen technical dive computer with a user changeable battery and customisable screen as well as optional Wireless Air Integration. Smaller and more streamlined than the tried and trusted Petrel the Perdix has most of the same features but for a few small differences.
The Perdix is made for both open circuit and closed circuit technical divers who need a simple and powerful dive computer that can be adjusted and customised for them and their dive at hand when things change. The Perdix has been made by technical divers who understand the needs and what a dive computer must be able to do in and out of the water. Everything about the Perdix has been made to be as Flexible as possible so you can make it what you need it to be from the choice of straps to screen layout and breathing mixes.
Piezo-electric Buttons on either side don't require any kind of movement or pressure to use them so are quick and easy even when wearing thick gloves. The Centre Row Information on the dive screen can be customised and changed to what you need to know for your dive.
The AI will connect to one or two Pelagic Wireless Air Transmitters and can be paired for life as you input the serial number for each on the computer to pair. Because they are paired by serial number this means identifying each stage easier and you don't have to re-pair every time you want to go diving.
Suitable Pelagic Transmitters for the Perdix AI:
- AquaLung Pelagic Transmitter
- Oceanic Pelagic Transmitter
- Depth, time and oxygen sensor display
- Bühlmann decompression model with gradient factors conservatism Optional VPM-B decompression model
- Imperial and metric displays
- A menu system that adapts to diving status
- Automatic turn off after 15 minutes on the surface
- Depth sensor functions past 300msw, crush pressure rating is 260msw (this is due to the case)
- Dive Planner Any combination of oxygen, nitrogen, and helium (Air, Nitrox, Trimix)
- Open and closed circuit, switchable during a dive 5 CC and 5 OC gases
- Gases can be changed and added during a dive
- CNS tracking
- No lockout from violating deco stops
- Automatic PPO2 set-point switching (configurable)
- Two PPO2 set-points, each of which can be set between .4 and 1.5
- Flexible user replaceable battery, Almost any ‘AA’ type
- Tilt compensated digital compass
- 1000 hour dive log memory
- Log downloads and firmware upgrades using Bluetooth
- Wireless pressure monitoring of 1 or 2 scuba tanks.
- Units in PSI or Bar.
- Flexible display setup.
- Optional Gas Time Remaining (GTR) and Surface Air Consumption (SAC) rate based on one of the tanks.
- Logging of pressure, GTR, and SAC values at 10 second intervals.
- Average SAC of last dive displayed on surface.
- Warnings when reserve and critical pressures reached.
- Available in all modes (OC Rec, OC Tec, CC/BO, and Gauge)
|MODES (ALL AI OPTIONAL)|
|OC Rec||3 gas nitrox recreational computer|
|OC Tec||Multi gas, trimix decompression computer|
|CC INT||Closed circuit fixed PPO2|
|Gauge||Bottom timer with stop watch and dive logging|
|(WxHxD)||83 x 74 x 39 mm (3.26” x 2.9”x 1.53”)|
|Weight||154g (0.34 lbs)|
|Ballistic Nylon Case|
|(WxHxD)||130 x 105 x 70 mm (5.1”x 4.1” x 2.8”)|
|Weight||115g (0.25 lbs)|
|Screen Resolution||320x240 QVGA|
|Display Type||Full colour LED LCD|
|Battery Type||Single AA (any type)|
|AA Alkaline||40 Hours|
|SAFT LS14500||100 Hours|
|Number of Gases||5 OC / 5 CC|
|Dive Log||1,000 Hours|
|Depth Rating||260m (850ft)|